What is conda?
- Conda is a powerful environment and package manager.
- Create multiple environments with different versions of Python with different sets of libraries
- easily switch between environments
- http://anaconda.org/ provides free hosting for Python libraries
- conda helps to easily search for, install libraries and also to keep them up to date
- getting started: http://conda.pydata.org/docs/test-drive.html#managing-environments
- reference doc: http://conda.pydata.org/docs/
But you would most likely want to clone the ArcGIS Pro’s Python environment so you can experiment without messing up the default one
conda create --name propy_clone --clone arcgispro-py3